Instructions to complete the Common Black College Application (CBCA)
1. Click on Log In to complete the CBCA. Once your application is submitted and the application fee is paid, it will be made available to all Member Institutions. The $20 application fee is nonrefundable.
2. Once your application has been submitted, click on the PayPal link to pay the $20 application fee.
You are not required to have a PayPal Account to complete the CBCA. You can use a debit or credit card to make the payment as a Guest on PayPal. You can also mail a money order in the amount of $20 to:
EDU, Inc. Common Black College Application
2625 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30324
1. You are not able to use a fee waiver to complete the CBCA because you are applying to all Member Institutions for only $20. The $20 application fee is nonrefundable. Students can upload their test scores in the Student Dashboard. If you have not taken the test, you can still complete the CBCA.
2. Transcript & Test Score Upload by School Counselor / Student
1. Your School Counselor must create an account to upload your official transcript in the School Counselor Dashboard. If your Counselor did not receive an email requesting them to upload your transcript, please have them go to https://commonblackcollegeapp.com and click on High School Counselor to create an account and upload your transcript. Not having your School Counselor upload your transcript can significantly delay the application process. Most of the CBCA Member Institutions do not accept Unofficial Transcripts. Transcripts are considered “Unofficial” if they are uploaded by anyone other than the School Counselor.
2. Please note, we have moved to a new Platform and that all School Counselors that created account before May 1, 2022 must create a new account.
3. Students can upload their test scores in the Student Dashboard. Your application may not be processed by our Member Institutions if your test scores and transcript have not been uploaded to the Student Dashboard. (Some Member Institutions are test optional. Please contact the college(s) you are interested in attending to inquire.) Please do not mail, email or fax your transcript or test scores to our office.
1. Transfer students must send their official transcript to all of the CBCA Member Institutions they are interested in attending. Transfer students can not use the transcript upload process.
2. Track your application in the Student Dashboard.
Student Application Made Available To All Member Institutions
1. When you completed the CBCA you were asked to list your top four Member Institutions. Although you selected your top four colleges, your application is made available to all Member Institutions. You were asked to select your top four colleges because our Member Institutions want to gauge your level of interest in their college. If you did not select a Member Institution as one of your top four colleges, and you are interested in attending that particular college, just contact their Office of Admissions through clicking on Member Institution.
2. International students please enter all zeros for your social security number and all 100000 for your CEEB Code.
3. We do not offer scholarships. We are a portal that allows you to have your application, test scores and transcripts made available to all 67 of our Member Institutions.
4. All inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com or contact our office at (770) 716-0616.
5. You are not able to make changes to your application once it has been submitted because it is made available to all Member Institutions immediately. Please contact the Member Institutions directly if you want to make changes to your application.
Essay and Recommendations
1. Please send your essay and recommendations to all of the colleges you are interested in attending. We encourage you to visit the websites of those colleges to get the essay topic.
Provide Additional Information On College Platforms
1. Please note, some colleges require you to complete or provide additional information on their institutional platforms, or portals, to complete the Common Black College Application process.
You Have College Credits
1. If you are a high school student and you have college credits, please be sure to provide that information to all the Common Black College Application Member Institutions you are interested in attending.